In response to Toronto Star article “In what kind of Canada do you want to live? Ken Dryden”
We have moved to Canada so that my children can live in a secular society with equal opportunity to live a prosperous life away from religious fundamentalism. Canada is great but there is always room for improvement. I would like to see a Canada:
- Where government and opposition parties work together for the interest of the citizens.
- Where laws are not made to benefit corporations at the expense of poor middle class (banking, Insurance)
- Where politicians take decisions keeping in mind long term national interest and not immediate goal of reelection and power grab
- Where Capitalist organizations priority is not to get rich but enrich the communities with fair pay, and keeping environment safe.
- Where Corporations do not cheat paying taxes, by moving assets in foreign countries.
- Where Governments work for all, and laws are not passed to favor the rich donors. (tax rebate to the richest)
- Where Universities do not work for profiteering and higher education is affordable for all.
- Where Public Transport is affordable and not convenient to use.
- Where religious bigotry is not accommodated in the name of multiculturism (No veiled woman on streets
- Where laws are secular and accommodations are not made on religious grounds (No sharia Law)